Saturday, April 30, 2005

Get Pregnant, But Don't Eat. Give Birth and Stay Slim

Friend 1: "You shouldn't put on more than 15kgs. If you do, it will be difficult to get back to your original shape."

Friend 2: "Don't eat rice. Eat noodles. That way, you can stay slim."

Friend 3: "When you feel the urge to eat, pop 6 raisins like what Liz Hurley did."

Friend 4: "I'm never going to get pregnant and have kids. You knowlah, body run out of shape after giving birth."


First of, I'm no Elizabeth Hurley, thank you very much. Secondly, I'd rather be on the heavier side after giving birth than risk having my child being born unhealthy coz of stupid fads like this. And I sure as hell would rather look heavier than like a 2000 year old skeleton after giving birth.

Don't know what I'm talking bout? Look for yesterday's Malay Mail. Turn to centerpage and look at the oh-so-lovely body of Claudia Schiffer. I don't know if she looks beautiful to you, but to me, she looks like a mummy (as in a mummified person) with still a wee bit of flesh stuck to her.

I'm not saying that I'd rather be a pumpkin, but I'd rather be eating (healthily, of course) than just pop 6 raisins a day. The poor baby, have yet to see the world but is already experiencing aneroxia. And all becos the mother wants to look like a supermodel after giving birth and have everyone say: Whoa!! You are so lucky. You don't look like you have given birth at all!!

Call me crazy, but I think that pregnant women look sexy. Oh yes, huge but sexy. Of course I don't always think that way ... I recently took a look at myself in a full-length mirror and went: Boy, am I huge! Ah, but I still look good and sexy (ahem!). And thank goodness, the daddy-to-be thinks so, too. And he'd be the first person to whack me if I ever thought of only popping six raisins a day. Munching on celery and carrots sticks is a big no no as well.

Don't know bout you people, but for me, the baby is more important than the mother now. And isn't that what being a mother is all about? You put your child's needs above your own?

I didn't say a pregnant woman should simply devour anything during this time. Of course if you eat too much, you don't only end up like a XXXL pumpkin, the poor lil' one will have problem travelling out of the tunnel to see the light.

Me, I'm happy with the way I am now ... big, getting bigger but anytime sexier than a 2000 year old skeleton.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most important thing is a healthy baby and mummy.
I also totally agree with you, moderation is the key. Used to be worried about the extra weight after having babies...now after two babies..i'm actually even lighter than before having them...here's my secret...take care of them and the weight will melt off in no time...ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home