Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Clean and Tidy

These two words, they don't go together. At least not in dear hubby's vocabulary. I'm completely dumfounded and puzzled when it comes to this. How is it that someone so fussy about cleanliness can be so untidy at the same time?

The mister, he bathes at least 3 times a day, brushes his teeth for the same number of times (everytime he bathes, he brushes his teeth as well), dumps a shirt which he'd just worn for two hours into the laundry ... to name a few.

Yet, at the very same time, his clothes and socks lies at the place where he takes them off. His towel will be either on the bed or on the sofa (and if I tell him to hang it up, he'll go: I ain't done with it yet ... but 5 mins later the towel will still be on the couch, under his butt, on the sofa, where he'd since settled to watch Astro).

And the clean clothes, still with the hangers intact, will be strewn all over the bed. When the bed is full of clothes, he carries a pillow and the cover, prances into the living room and proceeded to have his slumber on the living room floor. Of course, that happens only when I'm not there. Coz when I'm there, dear wife (that's mua!) will proceed to tidy everything up so we can have a good siesta in the bedroom. And he tells me that he didn't want to sleep in the bedroom coz I wasn't there. Ha!

Then there’s the detergent issue. Of course, that stems from dear hubby’s fussiness on cleanliness as well. I used to buy liquid detergents, until I found that he used 2 bottles in a month! I knew he washes his clothes a lot so, to solve the problem, I decided I should get the powder type and alternate between liquid and powder detergent. Now, there, in the toilet, accessible to dear hubby are both types of detergents. Half a month later, all the detergents were down the drain again. This puzzled me for a while … until I complained to a mutual friend’s wife and she related: Oh, he told us that his clothes still didn’t smell nice so he decided to use both liquid and powder detergents together to make them smell nice. Adoi!! Now, I get softener that has a really strong, nice smell every month, just so that his clothes will smell nice, and we can save on detergents.

My hubby, he smells nicer than any girl I know … although he doesn’t qualify to be a living, walking perfume bottle, he might as well be. He sprays away a bottle of “Dashing” perfume every month. When I commented, he said: Where got people spray a trickle here and a few drops there? Might as well don’t spray. Me, I want to smell nice. If didn’t know it’s his tendency to look good and smell nice 24/7 I would have shot back: What for? You going dating or trying to fish for girlfriends?

I solved the detergent problem. Any ideas how to solve the perfume problem?

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:19:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha...lol...this is an original one...i never knew neat and tidy can go one without the other...lol

 
At Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:20:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooops...i mean clean and tidy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home