Twins?
Had a few scares and some excitements yesterday. First, while walking down the stairs happily, with a bag of Milo ais and a pau, I suddenly fell, on my behind right on one of the steps. Didn't have time to think or grab on something. It happened too fast. First thing that came out of my mouth was, "S**t!" as I wondered bout the safety of my baby.Few years ago, if I fell like this in full view of other people, I would have quickly gotten up and walked off with as much pride as possible … of course, I would have been blushing, too. But yesterday, I couldn’t be bothered with my own pride. I was more concern of the lil’ one in me. It’s amazing how being a mother changes everything. You no longer care bout your own self. A friend once related how she had such a bad time with her pregnancy that she once went to her mother, tears in her eyes, hugged her and said: I swear! I will never ever take you for granted ever again.
Anyways, a very good friend advised me to go see the doctor, just in case. That I did. And hence the second scare. The doctor scanned my tummy for a whole 10 minutes without a word. And there I was lying there, wondering if something was really wrong. Sick to the bones with worries. After having her fun with the ultrasound machine, she went: Have you got a history of twins in your family? I told her that my mother-in-law is half of a pair of twins. And she proceeded to show me two heads, two pairs of hands and two pairs of legs!!
This couldn’t be true. I have been going for checkups every month and no one said anything bout twins. If I’ve been told from the very beginning and knew what to expect, it would have been different. But I’m 6 months pregnant now and suddenly there’s another baby in my womb? I didn’t know what to feel but I nearly did panicked. Anyways, she said she wasn’t sure and referred me to a specialist.
Thankfully, the specialist said there’s only ONE baby. No twins. PHEW!!! Don’t get me wrong. I like twins. In fact, I dreamt of having twins. But to be told such news 3 months prior to delivery, that was just scary! Apparently, the first doctor was looking at the same baby from two different angles and thought there were two. That's it. Tata to her. I ain't going back there.
The specialist had to concentrate a great deal before he could see the baby’s sex. It just moved too much. But he did manage to see it. “Looks like a boy. See, here’s the scrotum (I strained and I concentrated okay, but I don’t see anything where he pointed as scrotum) and this is his little thing, the one sticking out (that I saw)”
When I told dear papa-to-be what he has always wanted to hear, it sounded too good to be true (he betted with his friends so there will be $$$ collection going around soon, I think). He asked me how I knew. Duh! The doctor told me and he pointed out the baby’s “little thingy” to me, I said.
And he went: It looks like mine yeah?
Somebody, help me!!

1 Comments:
Glad mum and babe are ok. How true that no matter how selfish a person, when one becomes a mother, one becomes selfless instead...donno how it happens...but is just does...;)
Congrats on your little baby boy.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home