Friday, January 13, 2006

I Did It Again

As the eldest child in the family, I am used to house chores, from cleaning up the house to cooking. I have always enjoyed cooking and still love doing that now. The satisfaction comes from seeing my loved ones enjoying my food and asking for more. Of course, I hated the after - cleaning up the dishes, pots, pans, etc.

My parents love fish. I did, too (until I found some long, transparent worms wriggling in some fish I was about to fry). So I grew up frying lots of fish. Now, there is nothing interesting about frying fish. But the way I used to fry them, anyone who has seen me frying fish as a kid will laugh their heads off.

See, this is how I used to fry fish - we're supposed to wait for the oil to heat up considerably right? So I did. Then holding the wok cover in front of me, as an armour (from the oil, that is), I will close my eyes and throw (yes, I actually threw) the fish into the boiling hot oil. Now you know why I needed an armour. Of course, the wok cover could not protect me entirely, so I did get splashed on my hands, if not my face. So although I love cooking, I hate having to fry fish. I usually don't buy fish and if I do, I have them steamed. Besides, hubby loves it better steamed.

So, there I was last night, having to fry fish again. My parents got this really big and nice piece of fish. I'd wanted to steam it but was lazy - didn't feel like cutting and chopping ginger. I decided to fry the fish. BIG MISTAKE. Coz as you can guess, I did what I used to do as a child - I threw the fish into the boling hot oil. But this time, clever me forgot to hold an armour to protect myself.

Now I've got three ugly spots on my wrist and countless other little ones, as shown:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home