Much Needed Essential
I was craving (no I’m not pregnant again … it was a non-pregnancy craving) for a McD’s Properity Burger. And hubby was feeling so darn lazy, as usual. Asking him to go out is like having to beg on the streets, especially when he’s got that lazy butt of his firmly attached to the bed – “Please-lah, just for a while. Pretty please *eyelash batting*??? And lots of pleadings until he simply couldn’t stand it anymore. Beats me how he can sleep so much in a day.I told him I needed to do grocery shopping for some very much needed essentials. But how on earth do I tell him that the much needed essential is a burger?
Anyways, after a while of pretend merajuk (on my part), he finally dragged his lazy ass off the bed. After getting the stuff that I simply “needed” – a pack of tissue and a bottle of Downy 4x (I could feel his stares from the back of my neck), I headed straight to McD’s. No chance to ask me anything. I just walked right up to the counter. Dear hubby (bless him), he waited patiently nearby.
I got us one set of Chicken Prosperity Burger, which I asked to be cut in half. When I placed his half in front of him, his resenting stares quickly evaporated, and he gobbled his share in two mouthfuls. And promptly asked: “That’s all? You only bought one burger?” Seeing that I needed to compensate for lying to him about the much needed essentials, I got him a Beef Prosperity Burger. I forgot to ask them to cut the burger in half. Never mind, my dear lou kong will know when to share.
While he gobbled his share of the burger, I decided to look at the offers found behind Carrefour’s receipts. I swear, my eyes were only on the receipt for less than a minute. When I looked up, the burger was gone – completely gone. I thought he hid it so I asked for my share.
He looked at me blankly and said: “You wanted half? But it was not cut in half.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home