Colour Blind
I noticed a blind man waiting for bus while at the bus stop. I couldn’t bear to think how long he would have to stand there until someone helps him.So I went up to him and asked him which bus he was waiting for. He said: Nombor 9 Sri Jaya atau nombor 158 Selangor.”
My next question stumped even myself as I asked: “Bas warna merah putih ke?”
It took him a full 10 seconds before he replied: “Yalah kot.”
No points for guessing how embarrassed, stupid and guilty I felt the moment those words came out of my mouth.

1 Comments:
I have the same experience once. Long time ago, I was at the bangkok bank area, waiting for a bus, no.12 to Taman SEA, PJ. and there comes a blind aunty asking me for the same bus. When the bus came, I told her thats the bus. We both step into the bus, as with the other passengers. Then suddenly the driver shouted this bus is not going to Taman SEA.
I can still remember the horror in her face. She must be thinking, someone have cheated her.
In the end someone else help her down the bus.. And I was just watching from a distance, helplessly.
Did I do that purposely, I did not, but it seems to the world that I did. The guilt still haunt me now.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home