Saturday, April 29, 2006

Pathetic


pathetic
adjective 1 arousing pity. 2 informal miserably inadequate. 3 archaic relating to the emotions.


There’s this woman, who printed a quote and taped it on her wall for all to see. The quote read:
Leadership is not about leading. It’s about bringing the best out of people.

How ironic! Peculiar and puzzling.

The very person who taped that quote to her wall puts people down at all times, mock at people, her comments and words full of sarcasm … and basically doing everything that is contrary to her “belief”.

What is her “belief” anyways, when she changes her mind all the time? Maybe she does have a belief but one that changes every other day or so. Is she a perfectionist? Yes, I’ll say she is one. But a perfectionist who cannot make up her mind on what she wants but still want everything to be perfecto. How? Only her messed up mind will know.

Initially, I’m full of irritation when it comes to this person. But on hindsight, why get irritated and frustrated with one who is actually so pathetic. As I thought and thought about it, I believe I should actually sympathize with her.

She’s at her end 30s yet do not have a family of her own. She can say she chose to be single, or chose not to get married early. Whatever her reasons, I think that the fact that she is around people who are mostly happily married got to her nerves. Somewhere, some of her wires must have just snapped. She simply cannot bear it when people younger than her are getting married. So Farah, she’s doing her best to discourage you, making your life difficult so that you will probably end up not getting married. Well, like the Malays say, it’s a “dugaan”. Lantaklah whatever she wanna yak.

And I do think that deep inside, this person has no confidence in herself. So she derives pleasure from putting people down. That is her way of making herself feels better.

Also, I think that she is one confused person. One who doesn’t really know what she wants or what she needs. She must be so confused that her mind must be wandering at all times, wondering what she wants, what she wants out of other people.

How pathetic. Kesiannya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home