Friday, July 22, 2005

Changes in Me

Aside from looking pretty much like a Mama Elephant now – Big. Humongous. Large. Gigantic. Enormous. Super-sized, there are quite a number of other significant changes in me ever since I got pregnant.

First of, I’ve begun to start snoring. I never used to and worst of all, it was not I who noticed it first. A friend did, when I bunked at her place for a few nights. On the first night, she woke me up and said I was snoring. I apologized and went back to sleep, but it took me quite a while as I was conscious that I will snore again. On the following night, my dear friend, she had to sleep with ear plugs. No need to ask how loud I was, that was pretty much self-explanatory. *Gosh, I’m sorry WM, I really am.*

The next to complain bout my snoring is of course my dear husband. He didn’t wake me up in the middle of the night. Neither did he get irritated with me. He just asked me, with a puzzled look on his face: Why do you snore so loudly nowadays? You never used to snore.

By now, I’m pretty conscious of my snoring. I refused to take a nap in the office even when I could hardly keep my eyelids opened. But of course, I did end up taking naps. Cannot tahan mah. Oh, you guessed it. I snored of course. And how did I know that? I woke myself with my snoring. Oh yes, it was THAT loud.

Before, I used to be terrific at remembering things. Nowadays, I’m terrific at forgetting things. I’m not sure though if this is related to my pregnancy or due to old age. Whichever it is, I hope I get my memory back soon. I’ve never felt as useless as I do now. I cannot remember what I wore or ate the day before. One time, I made arrangements to meet a friend at KLCC. I said I will call her back to confirm. And promptly forgot bout it. She finally called and asked if the meeting was on and I went: What meeting??

Oh, and I’ve been so SLOW since I got pregnant. Recently, a very good friend, OK, wrote me an email … saying that she just received some gifts and got some SMS wishing her Happy Birthday that day (or something like that … I can’t remember … terrific memory I’ve got now, remember?). It didn’t even occur to me that it was her birthday that day and that she was trying to tell me that I’d forgotten. I only knew when she wrote me another mail and went: Did you forget that today is my birthday??!! *Whoops!*

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:04:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's pregnancy brain for you girl...and don't even think it'll get back to your previous form my dear...it won't ...i can attest to that... ha ha...and it gets worse each subsequent pregnancy...i am wondering how those mothers of multiples remember anything...sigh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home