The Break
It’s another Friday. And as usual, I’m simply looking forward to the end of the day, where I can just go home and rest. Working at this current place has been really stressful as I have psychotic superior. I’ve only been at this place for 5 months but am already feeling like committing suicide. I wake up each morning not wanting to come to work.I finally made the decision to "sack" the psycho. I figured it’s not worth my time and the minimal pay I get to go through such torture each day. I don’t want to end up feeling so stressful that I get irritated easily at home and ultimately let it out on my lil’ boy.
The weekend back in Lumut, with Jack and Ryna as our guests was the break I really needed. It was really fun having them around (you guys, you know that you are always welcomed to join us again). It was really nice being a housewife for a few days. I'm not sure how long I can last being a housewife, though.
And once again, when it was time to leave Lumut and dear hubby behind, my heart was filled with regrets. It has always been difficult for me to come back to KL. For one, I don’t enjoy being in KL and being in the midst of the kiasuness and busy-ness of KL. I love being in Lumut and the simplicity of a small town. I love looking out our place at the view of the beautiful sea (which is being spoilt by the construction of the Marina Island Resort). And who wants to be married yet living apart, especially with a growing up child right? Sigh! I want to be financially independent yet jobs are simply scarce over at Lumut.
Maybe it’s time I shelf the financially independent mentality and be reunited with my love (Jack and Ryna, I’m sure you guys are gonna echo this sentiment since you guys keep saying kesian. Hehe).

1 Comments:
Hi Karen,
Sorry for the late response. Yes, it was a much-needed vacation for us as well in the Navy-infested Lumut town. :-) Ryna & I would surely love another trip there when you have plans to return back to Lumut. I would usually say our craving for places like Lumut is because of the beach scene, but in this case, it's mostly about the environment there which is the closest you can get with Sarawak here in the Peninsular Malaysia (e.g. the home cooking, people, free-flow tuak, etc.). :-)
Jack
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home