Friday, May 05, 2006

3 Ringgit Saja

A group of us (4 colleagues + mua) decided to have lunch at Mc Donald’s The Mall this afternoon. We were quite worried that the cabbies wouldn’t want to take all 5 of us. Luckily for us, the driver of the first cab we hailed was ok with it. The fare was RM 2.30 but he charged us extra and it became RM 2.90. I gave him RM 3 and told him to keep the change.

We were not so fortunate for the trip back. The first cab we hailed, the driver asked for RM 6. We said no. When we got into the second cab, we were busy discussing about the incident. One story of horrible cab drivers led to another. The driver was grinning as he listened to our conversation.

When we reached our destination, I asked the driver how much I should pay. I expected him to charge more as it is a standard practice to charge more when they are more than 3 passengers.

The driver said: 3 Ringgit saja. Takpelah.

We all felt that our conversation on horrible cab drivers prompted him to not charge us extra. Haha!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, May 13, 2006 9:53:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right! I believe the driver decided not to charge more is mainly due to the hostility generated at the backseat! :-)

Jack

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home