Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thank God for Anaesthetic

Yesterday was D-Day. The whole procedure was quite painless, thanks to anaesthetic. I'm thankful I couldn't feel it when the surgeon slit my gums, or when he digged into my gums to unlodge the tooth. I do know when he was trying to yank my tooth out, failing which, he used some sort of tool to cut the tooth into a few smaller pieces. But it was not painful at all.

I remember thinking during the procedure that: "Hey, it doesn't hurt one bit!" But at this very moment, I'm feeling like committing suicide because the pain is simply unbearable. Next to childbirth, this must be the second 'painest' of pain.

Half of my face is swollen at the moment ... I look like I've got mumps. I can't eat, which is fine buteven drinking water becomes a chore as it causes a sharp pain that first shoots up my head, and then it lingers on for bout 10 mins.

When the suregon told me that I've got another tooth lodged in the gums (according to the x-ray) and suggested that I go again to remove it, I thought: "Sure. It's not that painful anyways." I change my mind. He would have to point a gun to my head to get be back there.

Having said that however, I must commend the surgeon. Where a lot of people are swearing off doctors at government hospitals, this doctor gives you hope. From the beginning of the procedure, he tried to make me feel relaxed by making small talks. And he took the trouble to explain the entire procedure to me, emphasizing that it was only a minor procedure, that I shouldn't feel any pain throughout and that if I did, to tell him and he would give me some more anaesthetic. During the procedure, he even apologized when I flinched a few times and kept telling me: Just a bit more, ok?

Oh ... and he's really good looking, too ... whoops, I better not let that hubby of mine read this ... he's gonna kill me! Hehe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home