Vertigo
Vertigo … have you heard of this word before? I haven’t. Not until recently … a few days back that is. I had no idea what it was then … until a visit to the doctor’s. Anyways, to save the trouble of having to explain it, here it … (I went online and copied the definition) …
“Vertigo is the feeling that you or your environment is moving when no movement occurs. Imprecisely called dizziness, the term vertigo is the specific term used to describe an illusion of movement. Unlike nonspecific lightheadedness or dizziness, vertigo has relatively few causes.”
For the past one week, I felt like I was literally sailing, though I know my feet were planted firmly on the ground … hey, I’m not dead yet so I’m sure my feet were on the ground … I hated that sensation because even if I was sitting still everything in the room seemed to be moving. Then if I were to suddenly turn my head, I felt like I was gonna black out.
I haven’t yet mentioned the nausea. The moment I tell a colleague that I feel dizzy and nauseous, the ears of the others who overheard will quickly perk up. Suddenly, everybody will go “Are you pregnant?” all at the same time.
Choi!!!! My girl is only 3+ months at the moment. Thank you but no thanks. If anyone wishes for me to be pregnant again at this point of time (I’m pretty sure that husband of mine will be super elated if I was), I will whack that person senseless. I’ve had enough of sleep-depriveness.
Anyways, back to the issue at hand. So after a week of feeling like I was on holiday on a cruise ship (yeah, right!), I’ve had enough and went to our in-house clinic. After diagnosing me with ‘vertigoness’, he said I should be very careful when walking else I suddenly lose my balance and fall or faint. I was so happy when he said: “Since the weekend is coming (it was a Thursday) … You see, I thought he was gonna ask me to rest on Friday. Fat chance!
Coz in the next breath, he said: “I want you to come back tomorrow after lunch so that I can make sure you are ok.”
“Vertigo is the feeling that you or your environment is moving when no movement occurs. Imprecisely called dizziness, the term vertigo is the specific term used to describe an illusion of movement. Unlike nonspecific lightheadedness or dizziness, vertigo has relatively few causes.”
For the past one week, I felt like I was literally sailing, though I know my feet were planted firmly on the ground … hey, I’m not dead yet so I’m sure my feet were on the ground … I hated that sensation because even if I was sitting still everything in the room seemed to be moving. Then if I were to suddenly turn my head, I felt like I was gonna black out.
I haven’t yet mentioned the nausea. The moment I tell a colleague that I feel dizzy and nauseous, the ears of the others who overheard will quickly perk up. Suddenly, everybody will go “Are you pregnant?” all at the same time.
Choi!!!! My girl is only 3+ months at the moment. Thank you but no thanks. If anyone wishes for me to be pregnant again at this point of time (I’m pretty sure that husband of mine will be super elated if I was), I will whack that person senseless. I’ve had enough of sleep-depriveness.
Anyways, back to the issue at hand. So after a week of feeling like I was on holiday on a cruise ship (yeah, right!), I’ve had enough and went to our in-house clinic. After diagnosing me with ‘vertigoness’, he said I should be very careful when walking else I suddenly lose my balance and fall or faint. I was so happy when he said: “Since the weekend is coming (it was a Thursday) … You see, I thought he was gonna ask me to rest on Friday. Fat chance!
Coz in the next breath, he said: “I want you to come back tomorrow after lunch so that I can make sure you are ok.”

1 Comments:
Ahhhhh, am glad that Karen my dear is doing fine. 'Vertigo' hey? Yep, heard of this word before, there used to be a cybercafe called Vertigo, where the boys would always visit and play their online games. But now it has closed down, this was during my uni days here in Melbourne. Now I've learnt that it's actually a name for dizziness.
Since we email each other everyday at work (sometimes I wonder if I get any work done, since I'm always emailing back and forth with you, ;) heh heh) I pretty much have all the updates already. But of course I do like to know that you're healthy and fine everyday, you're one of my dearest friend what!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home