Friday, October 12, 2007

The "Joy" of Motherhood

Sean will sometimes cry in the middle of his sleep for no reason. And he cry and cry until he starts coughing, which makes him cry some more and cough even more, the climax of which is his throwing up. Can you imagine what it will be like if he has had milk before that?

Today, Sean did just that. Just as he threw up on me (yes, he had milk before that), Leanne started crying. I tried to give her her pacifier while Sean is now howling. He does that every time he throws up.

Now he wants me to carry him. Leanne wants me to carry him. I only have two hands but an 11kg boy and a 4kg girl to carry. If I choose to carry Sean, the neighbors will think I was abusing Leanne, what with her shrill screams. If I choose to carry Leanne, it would be Sean that they thought I was abusing (did I mention that both my kids can scream louder than the thunder?).

So what do I do? Not carry either of them? The entire 10 floors of our block will probably crumble from my kids’ screams. So I did what I thought was best – I carried them both. With some creativity, of course. I may be big-sized but I ain’t no superwoman.

Anyways, after much coaxing, both went to sleep. But I had to smell like regurgitated milk until 11pm.

Please don’t let this stop you from being a mother. Your kids may not be as a handful as mine – they could be worst. Hehe!

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 23, 2007 1:17:00 AM , Blogger m r z ' 7 7 said...

hi karen..
welcome back!!!
how nice.. i used to luv reading ur writingss.. :) so good ur back. hehe! yup, it can be tiring having kids kan? but it such a wonderful feeling being a mother that u just want to have more... n now u wif 2, must real hectic. ur lil girl mesti so cute.. when can i see her?

u're not selfish dear, u're just being a wife concern of her husband safety n all.. yea, i feel really sorry for their family members too.
my fren just lost her husband last sat.. darah dia beku & jantung stopped. i sampai tak terkata apa dah,except to be strong.. she said she rasa mcm patah kaki n feel so lonely, kesian sangat kat dia. :(

ml lost 30 peeps? all? really? she must be glad.. such a great leader she is.. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home