Mummy, nau-you!
Now that Sean is 2+ … he’s turned into a super fast talker … I find it really hard trying to catch up with the new words that he’s learning each day. No sooner had I start being proud that he’s learn one word that he go amaze me with another.
He learns BM faster than any other languages, mainly because the Iban language sounds kinda like BM. And also because he goes to a day care centre that consists of mainly Malays. That also means, he speaks Cantonese and Mandarin like a Malay.
I’m really a proud and happy mom coz Sean can count 1-10 in 4 languages (Cantonese, Malay, English and Mandarin). He can say A-z and can point out his body parts (not all lah) when asked in Cantonese, Malay or English). I’m a banana so I can’t really teach him Mandarin … of course 1-10 is easy peesy.
There are a few funny moments when Sean calls me ‘Yang’ (short for sayang, like his dad does) instead of mummy. Sometimes he calls us ‘kakak’ or ‘umi ‘ (the owner of the day care). There was a time when he kept telling his grandma: “Adik, duduk”.
Recently, he placed what’s left of his Lego blocks in a container and started ‘cooking’ it with a spade. Then he scooped some of the blocks out, placed in on the cover of the container and handed it to his grandma while saying: “Poh-poh, roti nanai (canai)”. Then he made her put the blocks in her mouth. We had a great time laughing over his antics.
But there’s one word that I’m still not able to decipher … sometimes, out of the blue he will say: “Mummy, nau-you”.
If anyone could tell me what it was that he meant, please do let me know … we’re gonna go bald soon from scratching our heads.
He learns BM faster than any other languages, mainly because the Iban language sounds kinda like BM. And also because he goes to a day care centre that consists of mainly Malays. That also means, he speaks Cantonese and Mandarin like a Malay.
I’m really a proud and happy mom coz Sean can count 1-10 in 4 languages (Cantonese, Malay, English and Mandarin). He can say A-z and can point out his body parts (not all lah) when asked in Cantonese, Malay or English). I’m a banana so I can’t really teach him Mandarin … of course 1-10 is easy peesy.
There are a few funny moments when Sean calls me ‘Yang’ (short for sayang, like his dad does) instead of mummy. Sometimes he calls us ‘kakak’ or ‘umi ‘ (the owner of the day care). There was a time when he kept telling his grandma: “Adik, duduk”.
Recently, he placed what’s left of his Lego blocks in a container and started ‘cooking’ it with a spade. Then he scooped some of the blocks out, placed in on the cover of the container and handed it to his grandma while saying: “Poh-poh, roti nanai (canai)”. Then he made her put the blocks in her mouth. We had a great time laughing over his antics.
But there’s one word that I’m still not able to decipher … sometimes, out of the blue he will say: “Mummy, nau-you”.
If anyone could tell me what it was that he meant, please do let me know … we’re gonna go bald soon from scratching our heads.

3 Comments:
2 days ago, I finally realise what Sean meant when he says: Mummy, nau-you!
He was actually saying: Mummy, I love you!
Awww!!! I'm all melted now.
Hrrmmm....nau-you means 'I Love You' kah? Awww, how cute and sweet he is. Kids have their own language and its always nice to find out what they actually mean. Most of the time they're funny, but this one's the best! That's just too cute, Seannie!!!
my god! yeaaa.. its so sweet n cute at the same time..
my heart just melt..
cant wait for my baby to learn to talk too.. huhu. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home